Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Tribute to Amy Winehouse


Yesterday was my cousins 24th birthday. Being broke and somewhat of a hoarder, you tend to make a lot of strange things and pass them off as gifts. 

You will find that empty beer bottles make lovely vases, cardboard boxes turn into furniture and dog poop is actually quite moldable. With the right tools you can make some stunning jewelry. 

My cousin had enough jewelry so I simply made her this card. Inside, I wrote 24 reasons why 24 is great. Towards the end I struggled to come up with reasons. 

I think this is best exemplified with reason #20: “if you were a cocaine addicted Celebrity like Amy Winehouse you would have three years to live.”

I guess this is better than what I would have wrote on a 28th birthday card: “If you were Amy Winehouse you would be dead by now.”

This leads me to the life lesson of the day, when you think something is bad (reason 20) it could always be worse. So go ahead, break some laws today. There is an axe murderer out there in solitary confinement wayyyyy worst than you.

If you are down because you have been diagnosed with Leprosy and none of your friends will talk to you, just think: There is someone out there with leprosy AND cancer. And what if that person is you? 

Well there is someone out there with leprosy AND cancer AND a father complex. 

Oh you have all three? Well...um…at least you are not dead.  

oh you are dead? Ghost of Christmas past eh? well at least you are not Amy Winehouse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment