Thursday, April 4, 2013

Beaches and Bathtubs

I was recently commissioned to paint a serene beach scene. Since the Inner Harbor is the closest body of water to me and does not always inspire serenity, I naturally turned to my bathtub for inspiration.

I blasted The Beach Boys, filled my tub with sand, made some ocean waves in my bath water, and prayed to Brian Wilson for some good ideas. Brian Wilson told me to try Pinterest, so I did. 

After two hours of looking at this:
And stuff like this:
...I had to go to work, the land of grocery and fluorescent lighting. Whilst putting milk on the shelf from a refrigerator in the back and mooing at young children passing by, I thought about the beautiful pictures I had been exposed to earlier in the day.
I then decided it was my life's dream to live on a beach. I am not sure how I will get there, but I will. Until then I will be mooing at young children and making waves in my bathtub.
Also, I will also be painting. Stay tuned...











No comments:

Post a Comment